Thursday, February 25, 2010

ZAGROS MOUNTAINS!!!!!













Next, we all went to the Zagros Montains. We went to the part in Northern Iraq. They were so cool. First when we got off the plane we went to check into our hotel. By then it was about 8:30 pm and we were tired. Well at least I was I unpacked my bags then layed down on the bed and went to sleep. The next day we got up, got our hiking stuff and then headed out. We got there and the tour guide starting telling us some fun facts about the Zagros Mountains. He said that they were formed by the movement of the tectonic plates and that they are as high as 15,000 feet. The highest peak is Zard Kuh. As we walk along this man who has lived in the Zagros Mountain for 5 years told us some facts too. He said that they are 1,500 kilometers long. He joins us on the hike and as we start up the mountain, he starts to talk more about Zagros Mountains. He said that he has done some research and that in the salt domes around them, there are deposits of oil. When he said that I thought we could go get some oil and sell it and become rich. LOL:). We stop halfway because of the high alltitude and the guide didn't want us to get sick. We went back down and when we got there the guy that we met said goodbye. We walked back to our hotel and I was starving and so were Allison and Phuong. Since we all were starving, including the guide, we decided that we should go get something to eat and invite the guide. The guide was pleseantly suprised. We ate and the food was delicious. We went back to the hotel and it was about noon. I took a nap and when I awoke it was about 2:30. We all decided to go see some more sites. By the time we got to the hotel it was about 8:30 and I decided to call my grandpa. Then it was about 9:30. I was so tired so I went to sleep. Then next day we packed to get ready to go to the Plateu of Iran. Yay:)!!!




Peace, Love and Hope,




Phuong, Allison and Ciera

No comments:

Post a Comment